Sunday, May 1, 2011

Art shows and townhomes

Friday night my sister had an art show at a co-op in west campus and me and a few friends of mine went and checked it out. A group of people showed their art, most if it being brilliant. I hung out around her pieces for a while and talked to strangers about how good they were. "Yeah, I know. Mhmm, mhmm. I agree. She is! She is, she's very diverse. Uh huh, and look at what she did with that one. Brilliant!" I'm allowed to be the proud, gloating little sister. I was talking to one guy for a while and when he found out she was my sister he asked "So, what's her muse?" Accordingly, I responded "Uh. Black metal and wizards?" 

Here are her pieces that were shown:





And in other news! She and I finally found a place. It's a cute little townhouse in south central Austin. Our landlord is great: he rides bikes, kayaks and has a dog-circus! I can't wait to sit on our balcony and watch him with all the dogs and a unicycle. It's on a culdesac and perfect biking distance from some of our favorite places like Bouldin Cafe. I can't wait to walk my cute little dog around the neighborhood. We went to Central Market, got some coffee and smoothies and started filling out our applications, all giddy and excited.


No comments:

Post a Comment